There’s no easy answer to the question “How much will it cost?” The range is between $400 for a VERY simple site to $10,000+ for an e-commerce site with all the bells and whistles. Of course, the nice thing about websites is that they can grow and change, and if they’re based on a content management system, growing and changing is easy, and even fun.
- Most BWWWS-designed sites use a Content Management System (CMS), called Wordpress, for maximum end-user editability and maximum expandability. WordPress is easy for the end user to edit and can incorporate a mind-boggling amount of functionality – like contact forms, applications, membership functions, sliders, galleries and almost anything you can imagine, including ecommerce.
- WordPress is scalable and yet manageable.
- Shopping carts and e-commerce add value to a web site but may also require much more time and effort to set up and maintain, but the extra effort can be offset by the revenue that an e-commerce site can generate.
- WordPress sites can be designed with custom templates that can make the site look like exactly what you envision.
- There are so many variables in the creation of a website that a firm price can’t be quoted without a discussion about what you want your website to be, do and look like.
- Please email or call.
Whether CMS or static, all sites are constructed with structural html, compliant with HTML5 and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3), making the pages consistent, readable and easily modifiable. This also speeds load times and makes the site experience more consistent from one browser to another and from one platform to another, including iphones and ipads. We pay special attention to a site’s mobile responsiveness to accommodate the increasing number of mobile device users.
You may supply digital images or we will scan your photos or graphics and add them to your pages. Photos and graphics may be resized and compressed to download efficiently. Please use only professional photography and graphics. This is your first impression, make it an outstanding impression. We can add video, image rotators, image galleries, sound files, social media buttons, user forums and other specialized functional enhancements.
Text must be supplied on disk, or may be emailed (check with us for acceptable formats) – additional charges may be incurred if we must enter large volumes of text.
Logos and Colors
We will use your existing logo and design navigational buttons or text navigation to compliment your logo and colors. If you don’t have a logo, we would be happy to help you create one. A logo is an important element to establishing a business identity. We work with several different graphic designers for logos and other needs.
Hosting and Maintenance
Once your site is complete, we will upload it to your Web Host. Please note that we do offer web hosting and maintenance ($150 per year, billable yearly), for which we manage the WordPress, plugins and theme updates closely, but that must be ordered separately. Alternatively you may arrange to use the space provided by your ISP (though this is only for personal sites, unless you purchase hosting from them), or sign up with a web hosting service yourself. We’d be happy to make recommendations.
- Please call Best WWW Solutions at 303 459 3363